Monday, August 13, 2012

House Hunting and Bomb shelters

"Hot tub in bomb shelter."  That was a selling feature of a home I checked out online a week ago.  I didn't know if I should be concerned or excited.  We began house hunting a little over a month ago and it reminds me trying to name a child...anticipated with such excitement but then it comes and there is so much PRESSURE.  So many things to consider and anticipating life somewhere else.  But you just have to take a leap!  It has been entertaining in some respects. 

One house had a second kitchen in the basement fit to the style of Punky Brewster....remember her?  Think rainbow.  That same house had two bathrooms, one toilet was purple and the other was black.  It had a room with a button on the outside that lit up red when pushed...what were we incinerating when we pushed that?  Couldn't get into the room because the seller had to change the lock because it was broken into while on the market.......  I guess I can see now why we aren't entertaining that house anymore.

We loved one house but had a very hard time appreciating all of it's loveliness while inhaling a horrid stench of cat pee. 

Short sales....why do they call them short when buyers are scared out of them because of how looonng they can notoriously take?

But you know what's really fun?!  Dreaming.....seeing possibilities with a space to do things you didn't think you'd be able to do and always wanted to. 

We've lived in Spokane for a little over 4 years and I've been on the lookout for a moose ever since.  We saw 2 this past week!  On the street where we are hoping to buy a home no less!  (It's not the one with the bomb shelter or cat pee). 

Who knew there could be so many questions and things to do regarding purchasing a home?  If I had known all this maybe I would have saved every penny from childhood and tried to buy with cash!  Right. :)

Constant stimulation...repeated challenges characterized my day partly due to issues with buying the house and the rest related to training 3 children who all decided this afternoon was not a good day to nap.  This is never a good thing....  my children always have more problems whether they are disciplinary or just crying just because.  We sat down to eat a late supper and Sam just sat there and didn't eat.  When we asked him about it he replied with something like, "Two reasons, first I miss Grandpa and Grandma and my cousins in East Dubuque and second I'm just tired."

 The cousins that Sam misses :(



During Max's pretend nap (he was quiet so I didn't check in on him) he had actually pulled a box over and emptied most of it's contents into his pack and play.  I didn't realize it was placed within his reach.  Let's suffice it to say the angels were busy!  He had hand sanitizer bottles open and his pillow was wet from it, baggies of cough drops, medicine bottles....  I wonder if he ended up being fine and not eating/choking on any of it because he had his pacifier in his mouth.  Thank you God for protecting him!

In the midst of the chaos and intermittent frustrations I am so blessed to see the sweetness.  Sam came out once early in the failed nap and said, "Mommy, I'm having a hard time sleeping because I just keep thinking of so many nice things to do."

I have moments when I can I feel my breath catch in my chest when I think of some of those things.  It's all so precious to me.

So on to get rest for the next day of all this crazy!  Crazy happy to be in it and not alone in any of this. 

"Therfore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."  1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment