Monday, December 29, 2014

Thankful

An unexpected day with my family...the whole bunch, daddy included.  Homemade granola, a new stash of local honey, a walk down memory lane with videos of Maggie and Sam when they were 2 and 3 and the last 2 chapters of Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown.  If you haven't read the Betsy Tacy books by Maud Hart Lovelace, you must!  I second guessed myself when I started this last one with my kids because their age groups are separating more and it seemed like they might be less able to relate or understand.  But I was wrong!  Even my 3 year old boy requested another chapter several times!  And I cried at the end.  It could not have been a more enjoyable story to step inside. 

So as I sit by my dwindling fire and get beckoned by the dryer buzzer alerting me to come I am so thankful for this day. 

Some of my reminiscing looked like this...

Sam is quoting part of Psalm 1 and Maggie is saying "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  So precious.  It's a wonder that we ever understood anything they said. :)


 
Sometime I may need to do a post of all the pictures of them sleeping, lots of funny and precious memories there! 

In the spirit of reminiscence, here's an older photo of my Max.  This little fella just wanted to "nuggle" when when he woke up from his nap.  I had to scrap the plans for chicken pot pie but it was worth it.  Due to the late afternoon honey run I already didn't have enough time anyway to do the pot pie.  The poor little guy looked so confused when I told him earlier this week that he couldn't kiss me on the mouth or the nose because of his bad cold and recent fever.  Luckily we have cheeks and they are still quite kissable.

And to think that I almost missed it.  I had an opportunity to work today with Michael being called off due to low census and I am so grateful that I didn't. 

I have had to correct myself a couple of times lately when talking to Michael about something the kids did when they "were little."  They "are little," and it was just when they "were littler," if there is such a word.  :)  It's just amazing how fast time goes by and how fast and easily we can miss it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment