Friday, March 25, 2011

Naming another human being!

So here I am almost 35 weeks pregnant with our third child and allowing too much pressure as we think about what to name him/her.  Some would say that's why we decided to find out the sex of the baby because then you only have to think of one name.  That wouldn't be me.  I would still think of names for a boy and girl because "what if they were wrong?"  :) 

Names that mean something and are significant...work well with your last name...have good nickname options...roll off the tongue nicely...work well with your other childrens' names...can't have a Sam, Maggie and Constantine...do you name after a family member...what if they feel like it's too simple when they are older...what if they wish it was more simple...  Does it drive you nuts just reading it?  Imagine what Michael goes through when he listens to me!

So, right now this blog is just for me to air my thoughts and get useless guilt out of the way.  Me, have guilt?!  I have actually been talking to the Lord about this, recognizing that He knows our child right now and always has.  He can help us choose a name that will suit this little soul well.  THAT excites me and makes me so eager to see if He's given us a new son or daughter.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!! 

I have loved being pregnant again.  I love that I am entrusted with this crazy, beautiful gift and that I do in fact have an instruction book to guide me through the journey.  Choosing a name seems simple considering what we have ahead of us.  So I guess I should definitely like the way the name sounds as I spend the rest of my life praying for this person and saying their name as I call out for them or talk about them.  Yes, the meaning is still high in importance, but I am going to try and relax a bit and get to this decision with my sanity!

1 comment:

  1. What's in a name? Ha, SO much is wrapped up in a name! I feel your pain with the name game and we still have another 24 weeks to go before we have to make a FINAL decision!

    I know that no matter what name you choose, it will be well suited to the beautiful blessing you have growing in your womb! I can't wait to hear all the wonderful details of your journey! Love you dearly friend!

    ReplyDelete